cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation

Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net, Wendy Petersen <Wendy.Petersen AT canarie.ca>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:27:23 +0000

> We get issue reports like this one (very) occasionally. Usually, it
> turns out that the email WAS sent from our side, but discarded by spam
> filters on the receiving end.

we've seen this several times - often being marked as SPAM by some products
(forefront seems to be the main culprit for Exchange systems).

there is now an SPF record fr the sending system..

however, I wonder if the following 2 issues dont help

1) Reply and From arent the same:

From: eduroam CAT Invitation System
<monitor AT eduroam.org>

2) link to HTTP URL (rather than HTTPS)