cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation

Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net, Wendy Petersen <Wendy.Petersen AT canarie.ca>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:26:33 +0100

Hello,

> 4. Message displayed:
> *
> The invitation email was sent. The invitation email was sent
> successfully.
>
> 5. Email not received by new administrator
>
> Please advise how I should proceed. Are there any restrictions
> regarding the email address used? I have tried both <name>@stu.ca
> <http://stu.ca> and <name>@hotmail.com <http://hotmail.com>

We get issue reports like this one (very) occasionally. Usually, it
turns out that the email WAS sent from our side, but discarded by spam
filters on the receiving end.

Could you maybe check what's happening on the receiving end when you
send another invitation? If the message is indeed mistreated, it would
be really great if you could let us know what exactly triggered that
treatment.

So far from what I recall there was always a Microsoft product involved
in the discard of the mail - apparently there is "something" in our
mails that MS finds offensive. We'd be happy to adapt, but need to know
what Microsoft's idiosyncrasy is exactly...

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi