cat-users - Re: [cat-users] this is not a problem but a request...

Re: [cat-users] this is not a problem but a request...

  • From: Andrea Delise <delise AT sissa.it>
  • To: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] this is not a problem but a request...
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 09:59:00 +0100

In our institution we are still testing cat (we joined in a couple of weeks ago). I noticed too the issue with the realm on the username prompt page. My own first test failed because I thought it could be set automatically.

For my institution it would be perfect to have an enforcement of the domain name. But I know some other institutions where it could be rather complicated to manage different sub domains.

A quick and dirty solution, in my opinion, could be to state clearly on the cat software window that asks for the username to fill it in with the domain.

Best regards,

Andrea