cat-users - Re: [cat-users] this is not a problem but a request...

Re: [cat-users] this is not a problem but a request...

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, Philippe Hanset <phanset AT anyroam.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] this is not a problem but a request...
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 09:50:59 +0100

I was about to write the same as Stefan, but then decided not to :). The reason being that while all that Stefan says is true, in practice it proably is not used. For instance, I do nor see how to make this happen in Windows PEAP. When the user enteres the user-name, and the anonymous identity is set, then the outer name becomes the preset user part plus the realm of the inner identity. Of course when you use TTLS you are essentially free to use completely separate names. I do not know, perhaps there are sites not using Windows PEAP at all and using names like Stefan describes. However, at this stage, on Windows, we are not able to set the inner user-name part in TTLS, so for now we could not implement this request anyway.

Tomasz

-----
Tomasz Wolniewicz