cat-users - Re: [cat-users] OS X Mavericks as a free update?

Re: [cat-users] OS X Mavericks as a free update?

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] OS X Mavericks as a free update?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:45:43 +0100

> It is going to be a question if older devices will have enough resources
> to upgrade ....

Apple have the compatibility list...but Mavericks has some VERY funky
stuff to allow OSX to perform much better with less memory present...the
increased battery lifetime via AppNap will be great for those on laptops too.

I'm hoping no nasty surprises in the 802.1X area - we already found some
strange problem with 802.11u/HS2.0 interoperability.

alan