rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] [PRP-List] PRP/NRP Zoom from 10am to 11am Pacific on Thursday March 3

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] [PRP-List] PRP/NRP Zoom from 10am to 11am Pacific on Thursday March 3

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Tim Chown <>, Tomasz Szewczyk <>
  • Cc: Frédéric LOUI <>, Xavier Jeannin <>, Ivana Golub <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] [PRP-List] PRP/NRP Zoom from 10am to 11am Pacific on Thursday March 3
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:55:48 +0100

excellent material, as usually, thanks! :)

On 3/10/22 13:02, Tim Chown wrote:
Hi,

We had a useful chat in today s WB-PERF call on testing, and focus on use
cases.

For info, there s discussion of buffer size impact at the usually good
ESnet fasterdata site -
https://fasterdata.es.net/network-tuning/router-switch-buffer-size-issues/

That links to a table of devices and buffer sizes -
https://people.ucsc.edu/~warner/buffer.html
That lists the wedge at 16MB, as per the data sheet.
I see an Edgecore device with 64MB, but that is a Broadcom Tomahawk 3 device
with 400G ports :)

Tim