rare-users - Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] barefoot results

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] barefoot results

  • From: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • To:
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] barefoot results
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 09:51:06 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth01.partage.renater.fr 9224014014C

Hi,

> i'm planning to add nat as an option soo

Nice. This could be great if this « just » require a additional P4 control.
TBH NAT at 100GE is somewhat irrelevant but for 1GE,10GE or in DC space it
might be (?)

> opens up the possibility for me to have more images for a test set and the
> tester
> be able to sselect one that believed to be albe to execute it successfully

This is great.

> the first one that depends on the recirculation,

IIRC, in the VM I gave you, you’ll see a « resubmit » example from
INTEL/BAREFOOT.
As per BA-102 training, it is strictly the same in terms of code
implementation. You can get a good grasp of it.
If needed, we can ask some help in FASTER portal. I had the confirmation that
KIFU is INTEL/BAREFOOT partner.
Is Janos gave you access to BAREFOOT/FATER portal ? If not can he gives you
access to it ? The process is straightforward.

> second part are simply a kind of nexthop … seems easy-peasy

This is re-assuring. It could be great though to have this mainstream in a PE
SDM, or if the it fits into the NPU to have this in the default MPLS SDM.
Or maybe this would make more sense to create a BRAS SDM.

> the third category is the mix of the two above.

So when the 2 above would occurs then :)

Keep up the good work !

À bientôt,
-- Frederic