rare-users - Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] barefoot results

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] barefoot results

  • From: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • To: mc36 <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [gn4-3-wp6-t1-wb-RARE] barefoot results
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 18:48:08 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 zmtaauth02.partage.renater.fr 4CA8CA01D5

Hi

Great !
My KVM_ONIE VM was not useless after all :)

So this is nice, because that we can have a dynamic feature set in a list for
that I can integrate in the RARE WIKI.

By dynamic, I mean that in a CI way:

* each commits
* adding new features
* will trigger test against TNA (bf_switchd) platform
* these test results reflect the features list and their status. (RFS or not
)

Note that due to the use case nature, there will be some RARE/freeRouter
profile (SDM)
For example, we have SDM=MPLS, SDM=SRv6

In some cases having GRE or NAT at 100GE makes no senses, some we will have
more SDM.

i.e All the features that boast BMv2 cannot enter into TOFINO. BMv2 has
virtually no memory/resources constraints which is not the case for TOFINO.
So we will end up in various SDM profiles for TNA architecture having a
subset of features of the whole feature set that BMv2/P4DPDK has.

Thanks for this excellent job Csaba !

À bientôt,
-- Frederic