rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] RARE/freeRtr for SWITCHDEV

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] RARE/freeRtr for SWITCHDEV

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Alexander Zubkov <>, Frédéric LOUI <>, Alexander Gall <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] RARE/freeRtr for SWITCHDEV
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 04:41:48 +0200

well and not to mention my local contractor hbone's main interest, mpls over
pppoe and l2tp and so on....

so at the moment, we have way more than switchdev can even could become... :(

guys.. all the dataplane does bier already... 4 example.... but if someone have
the power to open issue here & there that finally results in code additions???

then surely yess we're seek for a new (prefrearbly programmable) asic like
nplang.org could become...

the key point here is good emulation and very easily auditable small
forwarding logic....

so as we emulate the asic even in dpdk, the asic dpdk forwarder logic fits to
the level1 cpu instruction caches

so we're measureably faster as the cisco's vpp / fd.io... already! compared
to the linux kernel... well no skbuff logic here at all,

just some fixed buffers on the stack :)

well less feature-reach surely, but, but a lot of stuff is already there:

noti#show p4lang p4 status | include capa|form
info userReader.cmdEnter:userReader.java:1141 command noti#show p4lang p4 status |
include capa|fo from local:telnet <loop> 23 -> 127.0.0.1 55914
2023-04-29 04:40:11
for | 08:15:33
capability | punting copp acl nat vlan bundle bridge pppoe hairpin gre l2tp route mpls vpls evpn eompls gretap pppoetap l2tptap vxlan ipip pckoudp srv6 pbr qos flwspc mroute duplab bier amt nsh polka racl inspect mpolka sgt vrfysrc gtp loconn tcpmss pmtud mlppp macsec ipsec openvpn wireguard
platform | p4emu/pcap

noti#