rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] BGP CT interop - Colorful Resolution

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] BGP CT interop - Colorful Resolution

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: Kaliraj Vairavakkalai <>, Natrajan Venkataraman <>, "" <>, Krzysztof Szarkowicz <>, Anton Elita <>
  • Cc: Reshma Das <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] BGP CT interop - Colorful Resolution
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 23:21:55 +0100

hi,

On 2/28/23 22:39, Kaliraj Vairavakkalai wrote:
That s cool. So now we have two demo setups:

1/ Csaba s setup with FreeRTR as Ingress-PE doing colorful resolution.

2/ Natz setup with FreeRTR as ASBR doing colorful resolution.

We could have a combo of the two setups, to show FreeRTR in both ASBR and
ingress-PE roles. ;)

well, for a really really proper color resolution imho i need to introduce the
"afi-vrf cust-blue resolve-in core-blue" knob...
it'll simply set the route's underlaying table like when we need to send out
a vrf packet in mpls in the core vrf, but here,
it'll a per vrf override that i'll set that paramter to a user defined
table... no fallback yet, just a static mechanism...
that'll be the first tomorrow what i'll start playing with... :)

Just some comments -

It s worth noting that:

route-policy ibgp-in

sequence 10 if extcomm 2562:0:100

sequence 20 set vrf v2 ipv4

sequence 30 pass

sequence 40 enif

sequence 50 if extcomm 2562:0:200

sequence 60 set vrf v3 ipv4

sequence 70 pass

sequence 80 enif

sequence 90 drop

exit

This policy config kind of implements the resolution-scheme . :)

yeahh, i knew that matching against the rd is not the color but the path... :)

It works with LDP tunnels in VRFs v2, v3. BGP-CT routes are able to resolve
over LDP routes

(in main VRF v1 or color VRFs v2,v3), and create SWAP routes properly.

We could not make BGP routes resolve over RSVP-TE Tunnel routes in any VRF.
That s why we used

LDP-tunnels in previous IETF demo as-well. We may be missing something there.

so that was just another dirty hack that i put the rsvp to a dummy vrf to
have a color on it.... :)

And, the code-change in rtrBgpNeigh.java was needed to make the following
config work:

[..]

let's discuss this on my previous mail, i did a lot of changes to that part
as i realized
that you were right and a lot were missing on that part of the code.... :)
thanks again for spotting it... :)

thanks,
cs