rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] netconf

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] netconf

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: David Schmitz <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] netconf
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:13:26 +0100

hi,

On 2/14/23 09:56, David Schmitz wrote:

unfortunately, normally the debug is quiet after the last line above, so the
actual reply sent by freertr is normally not appearing in freertr's debug.
Somehow I managed to get it to be more talkative during the testing for my
last e-mail.

so if you do "exec autocommand netconf format" in your "server telnet xxx"
then it'll give you everything in the debug :)

So, think you are right regarding the dynamic behavior.
Also, because nowhere in the current freertr code I can no longer find
the "xmlns:nc=" any more.

me neither, grep was my first try too :)

and if that's the case, could you please suggest something to have it done
properly?
XML protocols can be quite tricky regarding such dynamic issues.

Maybe we would need a combination of both,

here we goo:
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/commit/fad8d14ac3a998da1e93f0dd7e00e9ed57539b40

for now it blindly appends the two versions you suggested... :)

could you please give it a try if it shuts the mouth of ncclient?

thanks,
cs