rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] perfSONAR on RARE/FreeRtr

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] perfSONAR on RARE/FreeRtr

  • From: Tim Chown <>
  • To: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Xavier Jeannin <>, Tomasz Szewczyk <>, Ivana Golub <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] perfSONAR on RARE/FreeRtr
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:42:56 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=jisc.ac.uk; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=jisc.ac.uk; dkim=pass header.d=jisc.ac.uk; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=HNlKWjpGSgKMAy/BOFKj3xar9+f/LljyuKzvmLIG1gs=; b=G3dNVpyeLrcrXooY/o+8Nz3ZemfyRPjrAF0nDhe/iDVPAbq5fKcOx9G9npoWjNl3RXwrrh4gad5W9LLdbrF3krtN3wOr7nOvY+rEDLdELOm8WcJ8VhiF+qBjVmpPlbKalipu9E6aEmGEVTM6Vsz8Ykq4ud+RRw279ljn4/Jm2Nk97baX1fZEM5Ux8izRoPFhP9XDMkf4/TvEVh+Rqx33RP65tUZM2dY9SS2x8OGcXvxCVyVCSY3703i4tTEDN9AgIBbgtBWNneV71cGR357XfaKsbd4pMGTNJRF0c50H1qSGcbgOdq/Xcz4Ozi19TG8UHDslqdf1ldRqREBD8A7wVA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=jbdAvR3SFixvqa6FYeG24bIDS30YnIZVqAzHjxzu+3IzYgBe2/8EPXkxt/rwLfm8iJIQoGIlhrB3C4a4sL27Ee0NUyzhmyZp220NXk4m3k8n1iQ1TI9qr9h+xDWDKDQQxhjbPCFdXJwCbLoV3oVCi/T6TpRIQnFzxljrE0O74osISSk/CQYxecOUWo8H6K5jg9UWBeARowVNxcMmtSjgJKKDV8ySRf6PeSngRWL2gbv9h+NDdX2e/ptsLO+6Qn8SZChzn7aeib22pTESX97RaGFej3qHvAbw6tljYSmoTnJL8d6jvMmxblWl7DHSo/9c8SIF8umgw32yzsi6AagQvw==
> On 25 Aug 2022, at 15:00, Frédéric LOUI <> wrote:
>
> Hi Time,
>
> 1- No need multicast support from Lola, just stream ump final stream to
> RARE/freeRtr into GP4L node
> 2- Even better, configure the Windows app to stream directly to unicast to
> unicast translator
>
> 3- My interest was more in whether we can gather latency and jitter
> measurement data using Timemap on the GP4L; that can be useful both for
> validating the TimeMap model but also supporting any real-time applications
> we might run.
>
> 3- can also be done as well. From my perspective this should not be that
> hard to fill Influxdb or Prometheus
> -> the only point is to make sure we export a KPI that already there or
> easy to make it available via freeRtr’s sensor mechanics

I’ve not seen Fabio or Claudio reply as yet. We need them interested, or
there’s no point in doing it.

> For -3- we are obviously here willing to help (but also for -1- and -2- :)
> )

Tim