Sympa Menu

rare-dev - [rare-dev] Fwd: Ping me Csaba if that's your current email ...

Subject: Rare project developers

[rare-dev] Fwd: Ping me Csaba if that's your current email ...

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [rare-dev] Fwd: Ping me Csaba if that's your current email ...
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 23:28:20 +0200

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Ping me Csaba if that's your current email ...
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 20:57:00 +0200
From: mc36 <>
To: Kaliraj Vairavakkalai <>, Tamas Mondal
<>, Krzysztof Szarkowicz <>
CC: Antoni Przygienda <>, Natrajan Venkataraman <>,
Reshma Das <>

hi,

On 8/23/22 19:57, Kaliraj Vairavakkalai wrote:
Yes, demo together is fine. Nats is in LA, where Nanog will be
happening. So you can join him there, may be?

i'm in budapest, hungary, europe... i can travel but, i prefer to participate
remotely:
the thing is that, i'm an external contractor and they does not cover the
costs...

You can talk about MD-VPN use-case, and how BGP-CT fits in there at the GEANT
AS, complementing BGP-LU.

Nats can talk about the Junos side explanation, and answer any overview
questions.

fineee!

ibgp-ct works in freerouter already, that's why i mentioned that the
outermost label will be constant, that is, will not have color...
aka seamless mpls, but with bgp-ct instead of bgp-lu, i can already give you
the config for that 3 node as2 core... :)

I think what you mean is, ibgp-ct resolves over best-effort tunnels today.
Just like ibgp-lu. Got it.

That is also useful in some scenarios (e.g. when color tunnels don t exist
in that as2 domain). So yes,
> we can do that 3 node as2 core with best-effort tunnels, for the demo.

so if you accepted that the single node as2 was color aware then,
the 3 node as2 will be color aware from as1 and as3 point of view...
(internally it won't be for now, but i'll change soon...)
pe1----p----pe2
the p wont do a thing but a choice of routing protocol, and label
distribution...
the pe1 will speak ebgp-ct to as1 as before and ibgp-ct to pe2...
but, in freerouter the bgp-ct became a drop-in replacement of bgp-lu....
for example i already have a csc-vpn test case with bgp-ct:
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/tree/master/cfg/rout-bgp667.tst
the only cheating here is that the p wont see the colors,
but that's what will change very soon... :)

And sure, we will help with the junos side config. We will first try to get
freertr

up in my lab locally. :) That can be used as interop tests internally.

niceee!!! let me know if you need anything! it's ugly very different than
junos,
so don't let it f*ck up your brain, just drop me a mail and i'm more than
happy
to jump into a vc... :)

But the real end-to-end SLA preserving will happen only when freertr
ibgp-ct with a transport-target:0:100 is able

to resolve over a rsvp-te/srte/flexalgo tunnel of color 100. I was talking
about making that part also work.

yeahh, fully agreeing....
so for now, the bgp-ct routes are part of the rib, much like the vpnv4
routes... that's what works...
and my plan is to add the flex-algos real quick to the igps, and they'll also
create just these rd:prefix
routes, but, they'll use the rd=0:algo-id format when generating the routes
to the rib... then, one can
map easily back and forth at the asbrs in between the igp and the bgp-ct...
imho that's all what i need...
that's for the sr things... for the rsvp-te, well, it's the cisco's
auto-tunnel way in freerouter, that is,
a template cloned per ibgp nexthop... you can write any affinity/etc
requirements to that template already...
the sr-policy thing is not yet there, just as an afi, but, as things seems to
get started, and you gave
me a good use case to do the stuff, so, i bet you it'll arrive soon too... :)

If there is any question on this part during the demo, we can say that part
is in the works, for future release.

sure thing, and the same is true for the freerouter part... :)

thanks,
cs

Thanks

Kaliraj