rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Experiment backplane routing

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Experiment backplane routing

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Gabriel Tetzner <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Experiment backplane routing
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 12:09:58 +0200

hi,
so that particular knob is just a bonus port to open during the testing
process for the server p4lang:
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/blob/master/src/net/freertr/user/userTester.java#L1964
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/blob/master/src/net/freertr/user/userTester.java#L2026
you can safely ignore it especially as this stuff finally abadoned because
the p4lang server
now requires an unique ip to identify the connecting dataplane... this is
that remote knob:
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/blob/master/cfg/p4lang-rout211.tst#L156
and finally to finish the pizzle, that ip served out to the first dataplane
connecting from eth1:
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/blob/master/cfg/p4lang-rout211.tst#L33
but as it is right now, this test requires a dataplane vm because of the
unique ip requirement...
if you grab dl.nop.hu/p4emu.zip and unpack it to src/../img/ then you'll be
able to observe the
behavior with cd src ; ./c.sh ; ./tw.sh p4lang-rout211 other p4lang2.ini ;
telnet 127.0.0.1 20001
br,
cs