rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Release Notes, what and where

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Release Notes, what and where

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Alexander Gall <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Release Notes, what and where
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 08:14:55 +0200

hi

On 4/22/22 08:08, mc36 wrote:

[..]

okk, thats what i do for now, but the question was what should i do better...
XD

so here is my idea.... if one just follows the
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/blob/master/changelog.txt
which is a text stuff and the result of all the tests, todo changes, etc....
and if a batch is not clear (*), i can
add explanations and they'll appear in the weekly nix commit messages....

*: but again, the workflow is that
- i add something to the todo.txt, then i run the tests so it gets noted in
the changelog...
- later i implement the changes, run the tests and at this time nothing but
the rtr.html changed...
- if everything passes then i try the release in my homenet (its about 5 mins
to have it spread)
- then i remove from the todo and run the tests which gets noted in the
changelog...
- then i cover the functionality with tests, run them and it also gets noted
in the changelog...

br,
cs