geteduroam - Re: geteduroam app on MacOS?

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the geteduroam service

Re: geteduroam app on MacOS?

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: geteduroam AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: geteduroam app on MacOS?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 15:49:41 +0100

Hi,

Am 21.01.22 um 15:39 schrieb Jan Reister (via geteduroam Mailing List):
The generic problem reported is that a MacOS user is at home, deletes the
existing eduroam wifi network, configures via cat.eduroam.org for our
university, and the laptopo cannot connect to the home wifi anymore.

Ok, this is really "strange". We've had some reports of that kind, too,
with all kinds of devices, not just macOS.
It all came down to misunderstandings or bugs in the respective device/OS.
The very first tipp: Do a full restart (no kidding).
What might help with macOS: use the keyring app (or its successor in finder)
to comb through stored keys. This did not help with our problem,
but some users reported to get rid of leftover WiFi keys which caused strange
problems
this way. And sometimes users had to install from scratch to get their gear
back to normal.

Cheers, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994