edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Sri Lanka / LIAF for eduGAIN membership

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Sri Lanka / LIAF for eduGAIN membership

  • From: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Sri Lanka / LIAF for eduGAIN membership
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 10:21:20 +0200

* Thilina Pathirana - LEARN <thilina AT learn.ac.lk> [2019-04-10 07:22]:
> But I am stuck and will need some advice on updating the pyff script to
> add  mdrpi:PublicationInfo which gets stripped out during the signing

I don't know the specific issue you're having but there shouldn't be
anything special you'd need to do. Here's an example pipeline for pyff
that adds PublicationInfo via XSLT (though pyff might have grown the
feature to add that w/o branching out to XSL in the meantime):
https://code.geant.net/stash/projects/FAAS/repos/pipelines/browse/edugain-upstream.fd
The referenced pubinfo.xsl is part of the pyff code-base,
https://github.com/IdentityPython/pyFF/blob/master/src/pyff/xslt/pubinfo.xsl

If that doesn't help identify whatever issue you're having you could
post the pyff pipeline you're having issues with for review by others
(with any passphrases or PINs removed, of course).

If the PublicationInfo element is there before the signing (which you
can easily test by commenting out the "sign" pipeline and running pyff
again) the issue obviously is with your signing process -- about which
we also know nothing.

I'll leave it to you to determine whether this list here is the right
venue to continue this or whether we should move the pyff-specific
discussion over to the pyff-users mailing list.

Best regards,
-peter