edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Uganda/RIF for eduGAIN membership

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Uganda/RIF for eduGAIN membership

  • From: Rhys Smith <Rhys.Smith AT jisc.ac.uk>
  • To: Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at>
  • Cc: "edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org" <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Uganda/RIF for eduGAIN membership
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 08:20:58 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
> On 7 Nov 2017, at 07:27, Peter Schober <peter.schober AT univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
> * Rhys Smith <Rhys.Smith AT jisc.ac.uk> [2017-11-06 14:10]:
>> 6) What does "In RIF , no metadata gets modified because the
>> federation operator generates it on behalf of all entities.” mean?
>
> You'd have to ask SWITCHaai, it seems:
> https://www.switch.ch/aai/federation/switchaai/metadata-registration-practice-statement.txt
> See also:
> https://iif.iucc.ac.il/support/registration-practices-statement/
> http://rctsfederation.fccn.pt/rctsaai/metadata-registration-practice-statement-en
> http://www.renu.ac.ug/images/documents/RIF_MRPS.pdf
> http://federation.belnet.be/files/Belnet-metadata-registration-practice-statement.txt
>
> The same goes for some/many of the other issues you raised
> (declaration one is "ready for interfederation", "elements and
> attributes to be registered must use a domain name of that
> institution", etc.).

Interesting.

In which case, answers from any of the above would be useful as well, as all
of my points are equally valid for all who share that wording - a lot of it
just makes no sense to me.

For RIF, just because others use that wording doesn’t mean that it’s right. I
think all of my points need addressing.

Best,
Rhys.
--
Dr Rhys Smith
Chief Technical Architect, Trust & Identity

T: +44 (0) 1235 822145
M: +44 (0) 7968 087821
Skype: rhys-smith
GPG: 0x4638C985
Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, OX11 0SG

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by
guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No.
GB 197 0632 86. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill,
Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.