edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Uganda/RIF for eduGAIN membership

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Uganda/RIF for eduGAIN membership

  • From: Guy Halse <guy AT tenet.ac.za>
  • To: <edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Assessment of Uganda/RIF for eduGAIN membership
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 12:26:34 +0200

Hi

On 2017/11/03 11:12, Brook Schofield wrote:
I present to you the application of:
 * Uganda/RIF

who has Signed the eduGAIN Declaration, has a policy based on various federation policies that were the precursor to the policy template, is self declaring their federation as a production service and is wanting to join the global R&E federated environment.

The policy linked from the eduGAIN membership status page seems to be largely technology agnostic and, like the new templates, refers to Technology Profiles.

On their site I can find a technology profile for eduroam / RADIUS/EAP. However I cannot find a corresponding one for a SAML federation.

Have I missed something? Or is the MRPS intended to be the SAML profile?

- Guy
--
Guy Halse
Director: Trust & Identity Tertiary Education & Research Network of South Africa NPC Fault Reporting: +27(21)763-7147 or support AT tenet.ac.za

PNG image

PNG image