edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance

  • From: Barbara Monticini <barbara.monticini AT garr.it>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 11:25:58 +0200

Il 16/04/2015 16:08, Tomasz Wolniewicz ha scritto:
> Hi,
> we have finished moving the servers. Unfortunately there was a short
> outage in the https service, due to a misunderstanding about the
> required open ports. Other then that all went fine.
>
> Tomasz

Hi Tomasz, All

I get 404 Not Found when accessing https://www.edugain.org/Metadata/

Am I wrong?

Thanks
Barbara

> W dniu 2015-04-15 o 18:54, Tomasz Wolniewicz pisze:
>> Hi all,
>> tomorrow (16.04.2015) at 11:00 CET we will start some server
>> reshuffling (including IP changes).
>> We will start by moving the host which runs validator and technical
>> and changing the DNS entry, of course. They will run on a new address
>> put packets to the old address are supposed to be redirected.
>>
>> Next we will change DNS records for mds and www.edugain.org to point
>> to new hosts, leaving the old hosts running with the same content.
>>
>> TTL on edugain.org has been lowered, so changes should propagate
>> quickly, but we will be observing the old addresses before we turn
>> them off.
>>
>> I will send a message when we are done.//I hope there will be no
>> disruptions, but of course this will be a period of an increased risk.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Tomasz
>> --
>> Tomasz Wolniewicz
>> twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln
>>
>> Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication
>> Technology Centre
>> Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
>> pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
>> tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.:
>> +48-693-032-576
>
> --
> Tomasz Wolniewicz
> twoln AT umk.pl http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln
>
> Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology
> Centre
> Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
> pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
> tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.:
> +48-693-032-576

Barbara Monticini GARR-CERT Tel: +39 0554572681
V. Bruno Rossi ang. V.le delle Idee 50019 Sesto Fiorentino
c/o Dip. Fisica Sperimentale primo piano - stanza 113
www.cert.garr.it PGP key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#bm