edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance

  • From: Ian Young <ian AT iay.org.uk>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>, "<edugain-tsg AT geant.net>" <edugain-tsg AT geant.net>
  • Cc: "edugain-ot AT geant.net" <edugain-ot AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 19:13:22 +0100

On 15 Apr 2015, at 17:54, Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl> wrote:

I will send a message when we are done. I hope there will be no disruptions, but of course this will be a period of an increased risk.

I've sent the OT mail describing a problem we're having with the new host. If you're also having problems, it may have the same cause, which is a bad response header:

We're seeing problems in software based on the Apache HTTPClient library for Java, but other software may also be unable to process documents with an invalid content-encoding value (remember, this is the header used to indicate the compression scheme, not the content type).

Hopefully this will be easy to fix once the OT are available tomorrow.

    -- Ian