edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>, edugain-tsg AT geant.net
  • Cc: "'edugain-ot AT geant.net'" <edugain-ot AT geant.net>
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] eduGAIN services maintenance
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:54:26 +0200

Hi all,
   tomorrow (16.04.2015) at 11:00 CET we will start some server reshuffling (including IP changes).
We will start by moving the host which runs validator and technical and changing the DNS entry, of course. They will run on a new address put packets to the old address are supposed to be redirected.

Next we will change DNS records for mds and www.edugain.org to point to new hosts, leaving the old hosts running with the same content.

TTL on edugain.org has been lowered, so changes should propagate quickly, but we will be observing the old addresses before we turn them off.

I will send a message when we are done. I hope there will be no disruptions, but of course this will be a period of an increased risk.

Cheers

Tomasz
--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
          twoln AT umk.pl        http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne       Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika         Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun                pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750     fax: +48-56-622-1850       tel kom.: +48-693-032-576