edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] opt-out federations promoting opt-out

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] opt-out federations promoting opt-out

  • From: Glenn Wearen <glenn.wearen AT heanet.ie>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] opt-out federations promoting opt-out
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 13:49:40 +0000

Hi,
For the federations using opt-out, have you made any efforts to promote private campus services to opt-out?
I know this was discussed in the context of discovery with DFN-AAI’a opt-out some time ago, but since the UK switch the problem is exacerbated.
Take for example Newcastle University, it has exposed 100 entities, most of which are used by Newcastle only. I feel that at this rate we are going the limits of our IdP metadata processing limits (whether Shibboleth IdP’s or otherwise) sooner than I considered during the DFN discussion.

Regards

Glenn Wearen
HEAnet Ltd. 5 Georges Dock, I.F.S.C, Dublin 1
® Ireland, No. 275301
☎+353 1 6609040  www.edugate.ie @EdugateIE