edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] [refeds] Re: mari plan & next steps

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] [refeds] Re: mari plan & next steps

  • From: Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se>
  • To: REFEDS <refeds AT terena.org>, "edugain-discuss AT geant.net" <edugain-discuss AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] [refeds] Re: mari plan & next steps
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:25:55 +0100

> A federation where no IDP can produce eduPersonScopedAffiliation I
> find very curious, indeed. But how would a meta-attribute name give me
> an equivalent for ePSA? Are you saying there's an exact equivalent
> available in Norway, including the same controlled vocabulary for the
> LHS of ePSA, and scope-requirement for the RHS? So basically ePSA
> verbatim, only using another name?

I hear what you're saying but from the PoV of a SP with paying customers
that conversation is not as simple: you have to do what you have to do
to make the service work.

You are not in a position to tell your customers to "get your act together".

What the commercial SPs are telling us and what I can confirm from my
experience with the NORDUnet adobe connect SPs is that the way we
manage attribute release don't scale beyond the local federation.

Cheers leif