edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Entity listing for eduGAIN

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Entity listing for eduGAIN

  • From: Nicole Harris <harris AT terena.org>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Entity listing for eduGAIN
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:29:51 +0200

Hopefully the speed issues with MET will be resolved 'real soon now' :-)

Another thing interesting me at the moment is how any SP can tell not
only when their SP appears in edugain, but whether it is being published
back to the IdPs in the federations that they are interested in. My
case in question at the moment is the LIGO SP:
https://met.refeds.org/met/met/entity/https%253A%252F%252Fgw-astronomy.org%252Fshibboleth-sp/.

- For federations like the UK I can trace this as it automagically
appears in their normal federation stream.
- For federations that produce a single but separate edugain feed for
their members, we could potentially add this feed to MET or something
else as well to monitor.
- For federations that are producing bespoke sets of metadata based on
opt-in criteria there is unlikely to be anyway of monitoring this.

Any thoughts on this gratefully received.

Nicole

--
Project Development Officer

T: +31(0)20 5304488