edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Entity listing for eduGAIN

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Entity listing for eduGAIN

  • From: Lukas Hämmerle <lukas.haemmerle AT switch.ch>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] Entity listing for eduGAIN
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:12:27 +0200

Hi Tomasz

> I just wanted to "announce" that on the technical eduGAIN site
> http://www.edugain.org/technical/, under "eduGAIN STATUS" you can now
> get an immediate listing of all registered entities (also with some
> warnings). This list is created on the fly by one of the functions of
> the metadata validator.

Thank you, good work. Already in this basic form this is quite useful.
If you are interested, I have some feature requests for future work :-)

It's good to know that there is already kind of a service catalog
available somewhere because I was just starting to write one myself as a
byproduct to a tool that allows finding out for a large number of domain
names/mail addresses if the organizations behind them are
federated/eduGAIN-ready.

Something that could be of use (at least in the beginning) is to add
links * for the individual entities to https://met.refeds.org/met
MET (currently) is slow but displays a bit more info that the listing on
http://www.edugain.org/technical/

Best Regards
Lukas

* https://met.refeds.org/met/met/entity/{urlencoded entityID}