edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdPs in multiple federations: not listed on all configured powerdisco tabs

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdPs in multiple federations: not listed on all configured powerdisco tabs

  • From: Ian Young <ian AT iay.org.uk>
  • To: Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] IdPs in multiple federations: not listed on all configured powerdisco tabs
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:30:55 +0000

On 5 Dec 2013, at 14:24, Leif Johansson <leifj AT sunet.se> wrote:

> It would not be a registration at all. Kantara would (ideally) be an
> aggregator that fetches authoritative metadata from lots of places and
> publish a "decorated" stream...
>
> If you want a more close-to-home example, consider a service that
> aggregates lots of feeds and allows service owners to sign the CoC for
> "their" SPs - a decorated feed is produced downstream.

Neither of these are merges in any sense that I'd recognise. It's the people
downstream from such things who would have to merge the new information back
in unless they were consuming it directly.

Neither of these examples really addresses the OP's issue, either, which is
about sources of metadata which directly conflict.

-- Ian