edugain-discuss - [eduGAIN-discuss] exposing mdrpi:RegistrationInfo[@registrationAuthority] as an attribute

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

[eduGAIN-discuss] exposing mdrpi:RegistrationInfo[@registrationAuthority] as an attribute

  • From: Zenon Mousmoulas <zmousm AT grnet.gr>
  • To: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: [eduGAIN-discuss] exposing mdrpi:RegistrationInfo[@registrationAuthority] as an attribute
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 21:00:01 +0300

Hi,

sorry if this is a bit off-topic for this list, but I hope that someone may have dealt with this and can provide some insight.

An SP in our federation would benefit from being able to expose the value of mdrpi:RegistrationInfo[@registrationAuthority] from the metadata of the corresponding entity as yet another attribute to the underlying application.

I suppose a wise approach would be for the application to parse the metadata and figure this out on its' own, however the question is whether the SP can provide this. It would seem that the Metadata AttributeExtractor in Shibboleth SP >= 2.5 might be able to tackle this, but it does not deal with this case . Perhaps an auth proc filter for SimpleSAMLphp might help; if so I wonder if there are any implementations dealing with extracting attributes from metadata.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Zenon Mousmoulas

--
Network Applications Development
GRNET ‐ Greek Research & Technology Network S.A.

Mesogion 56,
GR‐11527 Athens
GREECE

tel: +30 2107474244