edugain-discuss - Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] exposing mdrpi:RegistrationInfo[@registrationAuthority] as an attribute

edugain-discuss AT lists.geant.org

Subject: An open discussion list for topics related to the eduGAIN interfederation service.

Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] exposing mdrpi:RegistrationInfo[@registrationAuthority] as an attribute

  • From: Zenon Mousmoulas <zmousm AT grnet.gr>
  • To: Ian Young <ian AT iay.org.uk>
  • Cc: edugain-discuss AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] exposing mdrpi:RegistrationInfo[@registrationAuthority] as an attribute
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 07:54:49 +0300

On 10/09/2013 12:04 π.μ., Ian Young wrote:
On 9 Sep 2013, at 19:00, Zenon Mousmoulas<zmousm AT grnet.gr> wrote:

>It would seem that the Metadata AttributeExtractor in Shibboleth SP >= 2.5
might be able to tackle this, but it does not deal with this case.
That seems to be correct, yes. If you have interest in this as a feature, it
might be worth bringing it to the shibboleth-users list or submitting a JIRA
case for it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I would hope this extractor could be more generic in matching metadata elements, although I understand that would make it significantly more complicated. I will make sure to properly raise the issue if this need persists after all.

Z.