cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Windows CAT tool install log

Re: [[cat-users]] Windows CAT tool install log

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Justin Nelson <justin.nelson AT augie.edu>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Windows CAT tool install log
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 20:54:10 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.umk.pl 34838201D4

Hi,

  You can get the install log if you run the installer with -DUBUG=4

Be aware that this will leave a user credentials profile in the tem directory. If you want to avoid leaving sensitive info, you either need to delete the profile afterwords or just use some fake credentials for this test run.

I have just run this with your profile and it turned out that the installer found the intermediate cert in the users store, therefore it just did nit install it. When I removed the certificate and run the installer again, the intermediate did get installed.

You say that it works if you inport the certificate and manually create the profile. But what if you have the cetificate installed and run the CAT installer? If it finds the certificates it will not touch them, it will just create the profile.

Tomasz