cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Incidencia instalación red eduroam

Re: [[cat-users]] Incidencia instalación red eduroam

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Incidencia instalación red eduroam
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 23:51:53 +0100

Hello,

On 07.01.23 11:23, ALVARO LECANDA CARO (via cat-users Mailing List) wrote:
Buenos días,
Les escribo porque estoy teniendo problemas para instalar el perfil en mi
ordenador para utilizar la red eduroam. Cuando llego al último paso de
instalar el perfil en mi dispositivo me aparece lo que os adjunto a
continuación.
Lo estoy realizando porque me he cambiado a un nuevo ordenador. Tengo un mac
OS. He realizado los pasos anteriormente en otros dispositivos, por lo que no
creo que sea un error mío...
De hecho, he intentado borrar el perfil que tenía en mi móvil y lo he
instalado de nuevo, y ahí no me ha surgido ningún problema.

Espero su respuesta,
Un saludo,
Álvaro Lecanda Caro
Estudiante Universidad Complutense de Madrid
To unsubscribe, send this message:
mailto:sympa AT lists.geant.org?subject=unsubscribe%20cat-users
Or use the following link: https://lists.geant.org/sympa/sigrequest/cat-users

but maybe Apple changed something that now requires the network interface to
be enabled… what macOS version is your computer running?
Another possible (and probably far-fetched) guess is that your university
tries to install a “wired” profile,

Most probably, this is true. This effect was discussed in detail a year ago
on this list.
Some of the more recent macOS versions obiously lack a certain internal data
structure by default which represents a wired interface.
Instead, this "interface" is created the first time the macOS kernel
recognizes a suitable wired ethernet adapter.
The problem only shows up when a MacBook in its initial state meets a profile that
contains a "wired" section (you can see it in the XML).
The workaround for you is to plug in a suitable wired ethernet adapter once,
afterwards it should work.
Your university may also decide to provide a "wireless only" profile; this is
what we did after lots of trouble.

Good luck
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994