cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] cattool

Re: [[cat-users]] cattool

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Christian Rubenbauer <c.rubenbauer AT oth-aw.de>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] cattool
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 12:39:19 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.umk.pl 09683200C3

Hi,

  my responses in-line

W dniu 27.10.2022 o 13:15, "Christian Rubenbauer" (via cat-users Mailing List) pisze:
Hello,

my users reported problems with the new cat-installer
1. the installer installs two eduroam SSIDs : a) eduroam (R) AND b) edurom (R) via partner. Is this correct? b) is new to me and i dont see infos about it in config-tool or other resources

This is correct and it had been explained on this list. The second profile is there for some very special cases - networks which want to serve eduroam users, cannot for some reason broadcast the eduroam SSID but are able to broadcast the eduroam Hotspot 2.0 consortium identifier. Such networks would automatically be recognised as "friendly" and the device would ty to connect to then if it could not find a "proper" eduroam SSID.

2. Installer ends with errormessage "Problem beim Installieren der Benutzerdaten" (Win 10 LTSC and Win 10 Pro 21H2)
3. we have one more SSID configured in Profile. This one is not installed anymore.

These two things were related and both are now fixed.

On Sep 19th I announced on this list that some CAT 2.1 fixes have been implemented. One of these fixes was supposed to take care the "Organsation Cursom Network" profile which was introduced by CAT 2.1 and was meant to be a container for all locally defined SSIDs. After the fix we were supposed to install such local networks just under their SSID names. Unfortunately one of the files was not updated on the production site and the result was that instead of installing those SSID profiles we were still installing this "Organsation Cursom Network, but also were deleting it later in the process (that was supposed to take care of possible earlier installations that could be in conflict with the new ones) and finally we were attempting to install eduroam credentials to the profile (that was just deleted). That caused the error message that you saw.

The problem is now fixed and local SSIDs really do work.

Thanks for reporting

Yours

Tomasz Wolniewicz

Best regards
christian
To unsubscribe, send this message: mailto:sympa AT lists.geant.org?subject=unsubscribe%20cat-users
Or use the following link: https://lists.geant.org/sympa/sigrequest/cat-users
--
Tomasz Wolniewicz
          twoln AT umk.pl        http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uniwersyteckie Centrum Informatyczne   Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika         Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun                pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
            tel: +48-56-611-2750; tel kom.: +48-693-032-576

  • [[cat-users]] cattool, Christian Rubenbauer, 10/27/2022
    • Re: [[cat-users]] cattool, Tomasz Wolniewicz, 10/31/2022