cat-users - [[cat-users]] Eduroam Certificate

[[cat-users]] Eduroam Certificate

  • From: Niclas Spechtenhauser <niclas.spechtenhauser AT gmail.com>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Eduroam Certificate
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 10:38:40 +0200

To whom it may concern,

I study in Austria, where my University had its own Wifi System up until two
years ago. Back then I visited the University of Glasgow in the UK and
connected to eduroam for the first time with a friends account. Meanwhile my
university in Austria joined eduroam and I received my own account. Every
once in a while, when connecting to the network, a little pop-up appears
asking if I want to accept the Certificate for eduroam from a UK server. Is
this normal? Does that have anything to do with me first connecting to
eduroam at University of Glasgow?

I am looking forward to your reply and wish you all the best,
Niclas