cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] Onboarding/setup ssid

RE: [[cat-users]] Onboarding/setup ssid

  • From: "Johnson, Christopher" <cbjohns AT ilstu.edu>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] Onboarding/setup ssid
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 13:10:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ilstu.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ilstu.edu; dkim=pass header.d=ilstu.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=RzIqChJnZ0eRhZWC4uKPhlgBJtKankSTAbCYNPKah18=; b=T0wweoHL1CTfb3Jv1tpPh4/VIKkbmLbC0t5Hn7F9s6d9sSU1z2SzI/1qBMct5VZchBCE2ZUpXD83vxTTHwb5OQoOxKoeKnSvTHK8FmnB+bWgY7qlswdf4v/PXDJ6IhbUOjTYdhhGJrDW7pIyL3Fu23bRjXgNHoqCj7irHDEW3t+V83a13dGU6IRKunz5IW8/3doBYWoIJ38dCGEopQlp5mwNJTsqODHLbuFWOJ/BOdeQEWSj26fOgEdV3SUr3f/2hBn1hRBMJAFxlSHpMG/U7unD2kxBJHb5WLIlCQUD4nJN3TnZtvIaoaKj+lekW5VDoB8fl0ga5JDZUHRM1Tv9sA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=ds/ANblHDd+RlAlCSImjwXH1kz5W3OwD5MWsAw/oJPJN7XcOxBGeV0fanoloKsKmigjrNs3p83HW7afj//bJ+/podsYtL+jLhBrwHbrAAQExm7YLSO41GnfVKlsFtblaZ73MWs/EwMxIlOUZo/vY9z8r4WyeTOZHqa40XwMEQ3dVvdhSVEB/vEgY3AQyMKIkVOGkA1luggBxoof7wHkC2tTc3wBR1dbs6/ZyLhpXHqypMWgt770rlzir6HCoGA7hDiKC+zL7u3XZyjRFQr5RtE/xq9OHd3UPJFvl2+lGtmoBFAS3BAowRvKe7obU/I7ELHxKEhf8vw21cVip6wRh9A==

Something to keep your eye on. User experience has a chance of improving in the future with the adoption of the new Captive Portal Standards (RFC8910 and RFC8908) – where captive portal is communicate through DHCP Option 114 – and Captive Portal status is communicated to the Client via API Server. Currently support by iOS 14, macOS, and Android 12. It definitely is showing promise is minor testing was able to do with Android. We’ve heard that our captive-portal/radius server will support the new standard in 6.11. OpenNDS currently support this - https://github.com/openNDS/openNDS [Open CPI].

Android 11/12 - developer.android.com/about/versions/11/features/...
iOS 14+ - developer.apple.com/news/?id=q78sq5rv

https://capport.net/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8910

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8908