cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] [External] Onboarding/setup ssid

Re: [[cat-users]] [External] Onboarding/setup ssid

  • From: Hunter Fuller <hf0002 AT uah.edu>
  • To: Eleanor Coultish <eleanor.coultish AT york.ac.uk>
  • Cc: eduroam CAT Feedback <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] [External] Onboarding/setup ssid
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 23:25:51 -0500

We were going to try to do all that but it turned into a mess. Instead
we tell users to join our self-service guest Wi-Fi which has a captive
portal that sends them a one-time password via SMS. Once they are
connected just like a guest would, they have Internet access and can
install CAT/geteduroam without issue. Our CAT profile deletes the
guest SSID which results in a clean transition from the guest Wi-Fi to
eduroam.

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey