cat-users - [[cat-users]] CAT for Chrome OS

[[cat-users]] CAT for Chrome OS

  • From: marc hamelin <marc.hamelin AT univ-fcomte.fr>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Cc: wifi-master <wifi-master AT univ-fcomte.fr>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] CAT for Chrome OS
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 12:20:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

When we redid our CAT profiles for our new eduroam Radius servers, we
specified TTLS-PAP as the EAP method.
On ChromeOS, we were surprised to discover that the configuration created did
not allow eduroam connection.

In particular the authentication method phase 2 was not configured.
By checking the file generated by CAT (.onc) the PAP option (EAP inner) does
not appear.

On a file of our colleagues Bourgignon, the MSCHAPv2 option appears well in
EAP inner.
In an Apple profile, EAP inner also appears.

Is there a reason why this option (EAP inner) is not present on the ONC file
of ChromeOS?
If not, is it possible to correct it?

Sincerely,
Marc Hamelin

--
Architecture Reseaux architecture-reseaux AT univ-fcomte.fr
Direction des Systèmes d'Information et du Numérique DSIN