cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT for Chrome OS

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT for Chrome OS

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: marc hamelin <marc.hamelin AT univ-fcomte.fr>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Cc: wifi-master <wifi-master AT univ-fcomte.fr>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT for Chrome OS
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 14:21:22 +0200

Hello,

When we redid our CAT profiles for our new eduroam Radius servers, we
specified TTLS-PAP as the EAP method.
On ChromeOS, we were surprised to discover that the configuration created did
not allow eduroam connection.

In particular the authentication method phase 2 was not configured.
By checking the file generated by CAT (.onc) the PAP option (EAP inner) does
not appear.

On a file of our colleagues Bourgignon, the MSCHAPv2 option appears well in
EAP inner.
In an Apple profile, EAP inner also appears.

Is there a reason why this option (EAP inner) is not present on the ONC file
of ChromeOS?
If not, is it possible to correct it?

TTLS does not (necessarily) do EAP on the inside; PEAP always does.

When omitted, the ONC file spec states that the inner (non-EAP) method is then "automatic", and we've never heard of issues that way.

Are you sure that the omission of the explicit ['Inner'] => 'PAP' is what causes the configuration to not work?

E.g. if you download the .onc file, add the line about PAP to it, and then configure a client with that - does it work?

This email may contain information for limited distribution only, please
treat accordingly.

Fondation Restena, Stefan WINTER
Chief Technology Officer
2, avenue de l'Université