cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] problems with cat admin access via EDUgain

Re: [[cat-users]] problems with cat admin access via EDUgain

  • From: Guy Halse <guy AT tenet.ac.za>
  • To: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] problems with cat admin access via EDUgain
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 09:31:50 +0200

Hi

On 2022/04/08 15:15, Andrea Delise wrote:
It looks like there were some problems with our institution shibboleth
IDP. Now they seem solved, I can login, but my profile is not
recognized anymore, so I cannot manage my domain.

That suggests that the persistent identifier(s) sent by your IdP have changed. This typically happens when IdPs introduce support for the (newish) SAML pairwise-id or subject-id attributes in preference to e.g. the old eduPersonTargettedId. CAT (in fact all of eduroam's tools) have an order of precedence for which identifier they use.

If you've any way to get your IdP to send the same persistent identifier as you used to use, then that would solve the problem.

The alternative, as Paul has already mentioned, is to get someone else who has access to your institution's entries in CAT or your roaming operator (GARR) to send you an invitation. That would allow you to log in with the new identifier your IdP is sending.

Regards,

- Guy
--
Guy Halse (TENET) Office: +27(21)763-7102 Fault Reporting: +27(21)763-7147 or support AT tenet.ac.za https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9388-8592