cat-users - [[cat-users]] Fwd: Windows 10 & CAT - TLS Session reuse error

[[cat-users]] Fwd: Windows 10 & CAT - TLS Session reuse error

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Fwd: Windows 10 & CAT - TLS Session reuse error
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 13:51:13 +0100

Hi,

forwarding on behalf of Darren Wheatcroft, as the mail was sent to the -request address.

Stefan Winter

-------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht -------- Betreff: Windows 10 & CAT - TLS Session reuse error Datum: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 11:57:58 +0000 Von: Darren Wheatcroft <Darren.Wheatcroft AT nottingham.ac.uk> An: cat-users-request AT lists.geant.org <cat-users-request AT lists.geant.org>

Hi,

We have recently updated our certificates and the CAT tool has been updated accordingly with the cert chain.

Since doing this, no Windows 10 device will connect to eduroam - we get 'Unable to connect to this network' on the client, and 'TLS Session Reuse' on the Clearpass server.
MacOS, iOS and Android all connect OK. It isn't our build of Windows 10 as it happens on personal machines as well.
Essentially the only thing that changed in the CAT tool this year was the certificate chain.
Manually forgetting, then connecting will work every time.
Does anyone know of any client side logs we could dig into to see what is going on? This years cert update has been a bit challenging!

Kind regards
Darren

-- Darren Wheatcroft   Digital and Technology Services University of Nottingham

attachment.

where permitted by law.