cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Profile installation fails on macOS: The Wifi Payload could not be installed. Network interface not found

Re: [[cat-users]] Profile installation fails on macOS: The Wifi Payload could not be installed. Network interface not found

  • From: Lukas Wringer <Lukas.Wringer AT rz.uni-augsburg.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Cc: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Profile installation fails on macOS: The Wifi Payload could not be installed. Network interface not found
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:42:28 +0100

Hi,

What I think the Problem is that a profile, that tries to configure a non existing Interface (Ethernet), fails to install (even though the message is dumb) "Profile installation failed: The Wifi Payload could not be installed. Network interface not found."

Even as "old" devices as a 2013 MBP had no longer Ethernet in favor of using a Thunderbolt 2 Dongle.

Devices that have a Dongle attached may work...

As we use EAP-TTLS exclusively which requires an outer Identity to work (and I think roaming from other institutions eduroam needs it to) I do not think the issue is to be found there...

Greetings, Lukas