cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Profile installation fails on macOS: The Wifi Payload could not be installed. Network interface not found

Re: [[cat-users]] Profile installation fails on macOS: The Wifi Payload could not be installed. Network interface not found

  • From: Martin Pauly <pauly AT hrz.uni-marburg.de>
  • To: Lukas Wringer <Lukas.Wringer AT rz.uni-augsburg.de>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Cc: elko.jacobs AT uni-marburg.de
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Profile installation fails on macOS: The Wifi Payload could not be installed. Network interface not found
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 17:03:07 +0100

Hi,

Am 24.11.21 um 16:05 schrieb Lukas Wringer:

it seems the profile also deploys Settings for eduroam via ethernet/LAN
(eduroam® Konfiguration für Kabelnetzwerke)?
yes, it does. We still have 800+ dorm rooms on wired eduroam, no complaints
from there.

Are thos macBooks newer models with only Thunderbolt and no ethernet by any
chance?
It seems to affect all generations that are still supported by Apple. The
oldest one is an MBP from late 2013(!),
the very first one sporting an SSD. The latest one I know of is a MacBook Air
of 2020 (not sure if Intel or M1).
I think it is a software bug by Apple, and I have a workaround (i.e. not
requiring the anonymous outer ID).

Cheers, Martin

--
Dr. Martin Pauly Phone: +49-6421-28-23527
HRZ Univ. Marburg Fax: +49-6421-28-26994