cat-users - [[cat-users]] CA Certificate URL in CAT

[[cat-users]] CA Certificate URL in CAT

  • From: Vlad Mencl <vladimir.mencl AT reannz.co.nz>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] CA Certificate URL in CAT
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 10:48:41 +1300

Hi,

When setting up a new CAT profile, I thought I'd take a short-cut and instead of downloading the CA certificate to my machine and then uploading it as a CA Certificate File, I tried using the
CA Certificate URL field.

I might have wondered off-track and maybe this is meant to do something completely different - but I tried pasting the URL to the CA Certificate PEM file into the CA Certificate URL field:

https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgrootx1.pem

... and when hitting Save, I got:

[red cross mark] 1x CA Certificate URL

and it did not get added to the profile.

Is it supposed to work this way (for adding a CA Certificate by URL)?

Has anyone successfully used it?

Cheers,
Vlad

--
Vladimir Mencl
Senior Software Engineer

Research & Education
Advanced Network NZ Ltd

M +64 21 997352
E vladimir.mencl AT reannz.co.nz
www.reannz.co.nz

  • [[cat-users]] CA Certificate URL in CAT, Vlad Mencl, 11/24/2021