cat-users - [[cat-users]] Advanced download options for Linux

[[cat-users]] Advanced download options for Linux

  • From: Kilian Krause <krause AT rus.uni-stuttgart.de>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Advanced download options for Linux
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 15:03:21 +0200

Hi,

As the requests bubbles up every now and then, I'd like to ask for your
opinions here.

Several of our Linux users don't like running a fully blown python program
to just drop a WLAN config onto their systems.
Hence, they'd like to "just" pull a wpa_supplicant.conf or NetworkManager
network definition (to then fill in the fields required like
username/password). Maybe also as a Javascript Wizard inside the browser
prompting them for the variables and offering them a file download without
cloud interaction.

Do you think it'd be highly disturbing to have this as advanced alternative
download options for Linux?

Does anyone else receive the same feedback from their Linux user base?

Thx!
Kilian

--
Kilian Krause
Netze und Kommunikationssysteme (NKS)

Informations- und Kommunikationszentrum der Universität Stuttgart (IZUS)
Technische Informations- und Kommunikationsdienste (TIK, ehem. RUS)

Tel.: +49 (711) 685-64512
Fax.: +49 (711) 685-54512 (PC)
Fax.: +49 (711) 68 23 57

Allmandring 30a