cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] [External] Re: "Internal error" while connecting via "geteduroam" on Android 11

Re: [[cat-users]] [External] Re: "Internal error" while connecting via "geteduroam" on Android 11

  • From: Hunter Fuller <hf0002 AT uah.edu>
  • To: Arthur Petrosyan <arthur AT sci.am>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] [External] Re: "Internal error" while connecting via "geteduroam" on Android 11
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 11:14:38 -0500

Well, we use a self signed CA, but then the CA signs the separate server certificate. CA has long validity, server cert has 1 year.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 11:12 Arthur Petrosyan <arthur AT sci.am> wrote:

Hi All !

We use the freeradius-provided "cert" folder to generate self-signed cert.
And it worked/works with "eduroam CAT".

The page we took into consideration when making a decision was:
https://wiki.geant.org/display/H2eduroam/EAP+Server+Certificate+considerations

Here we read:
"certificates from a commercial CA are as valid for EAP authentications as are self-made certificates or certificates from a small, special-purpose CA."
So we found self-made ones more fitting our situation for now.
I thought many are using them. Am I wrong?
If yes I would be happy to get more info to maybe improve our approach.

Regarding "subjectAltName DNS:" entry I didn't find any example in freeradius "cert" folder to confugure that.

Can anyone using freeradius's "cert" self-signed certificates share example of configuring "subjectAltName DNS:" entry there?

Is it possible to add that entry to the existing certificate ?
What will such change mean to current users of realm and their end-user device configuration?

Thanks in advance for all, who might assist us.
Arthur Petrosyan