cat-users - [[cat-users]] "Internal error" while connecting via "geteduroam" on Android 11

[[cat-users]] "Internal error" while connecting via "geteduroam" on Android 11

  • From: Arthur Petrosyan <arthur AT sci.am>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] "Internal error" while connecting via "geteduroam" on Android 11
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 15:27:20 +0400

Hi all,

On my "Poco X3" smartphone with "Android 11RKQ1.200826.002"
I can connect to eduroam by downloading the profile for "Fundamental Scientific Library NAS RA" from "cat.eduroam.org"
and installing it using "eduroam CAT" app from Google playstore.
But when I try to connect using "geteduroam" app, it don't work, and the freeradius logs show the following:

Fri Oct  1 14:49:54 2021 : ERROR: (6750) eap_ttls: ERROR: TLS Alert read:fatal:internal error
Fri Oct  1 14:49:54 2021 : Auth: (6750) Login incorrect (eap_ttls: TLS Alert read:fatal:internal error): [***@flib.sci.am] (from client *** port 0 cli 10-3F-44-FA-80-D7)

I tried to connect with the same account using "geteduroam" on Windows
and it worked without problem, so I guess the issue is specific for Android.
I remember several discussions here in the list regarding Android issues with "geteduroam", but not sure if it's related to this.

Can it be related specifically to our CAT profile (we use only TTLS/PAP there)?
Is there a fix for it ?

I would be very thankful for help !

--
Regards,