cat-users - [[cat-users]] ClearPass commercial certs

[[cat-users]] ClearPass commercial certs

  • From: Ricardo Stella <stella AT rider.edu>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] ClearPass commercial certs
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 12:39:29 -0500

Hi folks,

Newbie question here - We currently use InCommon certificates everywhere, including in ClearPass for both web and radius.  Looking into deploying cat-tools and from what I read, there seems to be issues with InCommon certs since they have two intermediate certs, with one of them expiring in 2024.  We also have 3 instances of ClearPass but all use the same cert with Subject Alt Names defined for all 3 instances.

If no issues exist, do we load all 3 certs (2x intermediate plus root)? I understand a self-signed cert is an option which would only be for Radius, right?

Any pointers or clarification would be appreciated. Thanks  in advance.

Ricardo.

--

  • [[cat-users]] ClearPass commercial certs, Ricardo Stella, 02/24/2021