cat-users - [[cat-users]] Changes in the AA process for CAT and other supporting services (was: SAML attribute eduPersonTargetedID is deprecated but required by cat.eduroam.org)

[[cat-users]] Changes in the AA process for CAT and other supporting services (was: SAML attribute eduPersonTargetedID is deprecated but required by cat.eduroam.org)

  • From: Miroslav Milinovic <miro AT srce.hr>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, "eduroam AT lists.geant.org" <eduroam AT lists.geant.org>, "monitor AT eduroam.org" <monitor AT eduroam.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Changes in the AA process for CAT and other supporting services (was: SAML attribute eduPersonTargetedID is deprecated but required by cat.eduroam.org)
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 17:36:49 +0100

Hi all!

following the discussion on the cat-users list we've decided to
introduce some changes in the way AA process for our supporting services
(CAT, MIdP, ...) works.

We'll change the appropriate (SAML) metadata so the pairwise-id or
subject-id are explicitly requested as alternative to eptid attribute
during the authentication process.

We'll change things on our side tomorrow, on February 22
at 12:00 CET.

Depending on the way your IdPs get our metadata this change should be in
effect in not more than 24 hours.

Those who were able to login into CAT with their e-identities should see
no difference.

Those who were getting error reports claiming that thier IdP is not
providing requested attributes are kindly asked to try again.

Please report any irregularites directly to monitor AT eduroam.org

One important thing: regardless of the success of our action, your
configurations are safe and you'll not lose your work/config in CAT.

Regards

Miroslav Milinovic
eduroam service leader, GN4-3