cat-users - [[cat-users]] SAML attribute eduPersonTargetedID is deprecated but required by cat.eduroam.org

[[cat-users]] SAML attribute eduPersonTargetedID is deprecated but required by cat.eduroam.org

  • From: Matti Saarinen <mjsaarin AT cc.helsinki.fi>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] SAML attribute eduPersonTargetedID is deprecated but required by cat.eduroam.org
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 13:28:13 +0200

Hello,

It's long since I tried to access cat.eduroam.org's admin site last
time. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to to do that anymore because it
requires SAML attribute eduPersonTargetedID. That attribute has been
deprecated (according to our IdP admins and also
https://wiki.refeds.org/display/STAN/eduPerson+2020-01 agrees) and
removed from our IdP. Is there any recommended workaround? I'd rather
not go back using Facebook or Twitter ids to manage tools used by our
students and staff. I tried searching web for solutions but I managed to
find none.

Cheers,

Matti

--
Matti Saarinen, University of Helsinki / IT Centre