cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Multiple CA - Android

Re: [[cat-users]] Multiple CA - Android

  • From: Andrea Delise <delise AT sissa.it>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, paul.dekkers AT surf.nl
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Multiple CA - Android
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 12:16:12 +0100
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 smtp.sissa.it 3D8CDEED

Hi, I performed some more tests.

To me it looks like that Android 9, on different devices, fails to accept certificates for a wifi il provided with multiple CA.

I looks a system problem, not a cat problem, but something that I think may be worth noting.

I tried installing the CA bundle:
- with eduroam cat
- with the app geteduroam (very nice - I have some questions about it, shall I ask them here or somewhere else?)
- installing manually the full bundle

The result to me stays the same: certificates from the first CA are recognized, from the second one are ignored...

I may have stumbled in some bizarre exception, but I'm raising the statistics on the case and they seem to confirm my hypothesis.

Best regards,

Andrea Delise