cat-users - RE: [[cat-users]] Multiple CA - Android

RE: [[cat-users]] Multiple CA - Android

  • From: Patrick Oberli <patrick.oberli AT ost.ch>
  • To: Andrea Delise <delise AT sissa.it>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: RE: [[cat-users]] Multiple CA - Android
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 07:52:19 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-CH, de-CH, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ost.ch; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ost.ch; dkim=pass header.d=ost.ch; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=tVCm34L0mmn8WUicXkFOaEqmM1UOYgMgIwIQhyJiiW4=; b=jdEHGvtoM6BprXGashzVSsPFoQK08PEwipkiZ1nyslD9MOmtYauClc4O/DiO4fJhKC8wMVNd+7JXvfgckwcfMfrrtH6G3lr/ZBnHKG0GnUeMeGsuKNxRa8NTYc+cWo3YHbEnXmw5aIeOu5X7VdXI3HX5vT5NZpNDxdOi+ZzkNUWkVVlmRG6aQwC/UM3rdSAQAwYtCHWm1AI1SESY5rP7beUSl4DGHjhOO6hlFxylXIM92GCfqzsoIPT0+S6gfYniVo8xr27TB8S2hi1Iv8pqxVRNAmCjXa2k0Dm9sU83Qh10noa4NSZ/R975NPYS90PC65hn+cqX22DLfwu9wUu2bw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=b/at4M77Ly8N6ulLrnZsME/z5FyYSgn0yec5KJYSmqNlUPW5/Gj2T8HGX2txs8T1WCfA0kMALp6JhPsgtmFjONOlgHhWxRSPdtWasqHAQtRSwOX2I5NMI44Z7+fn4oTOf3iZI4hV2V6XRctUDrWkSRAr7wbWAcAvAGwLurLdLSL8W/O00hAYyJyzwFFMnC+BGAjj2JfptBmKiAXDD6uqKd4S5RNFCALYJeosVuhCH6AgMNAFkm4xnLgBQMNlQNzBEqO7Y7qe2vlUjdRRC+MiHepSArQFKcYSscbXHgkFLBBSMkpqbqeMuhUJiBx/9VNwtOTVU1Be/ZJ6DZEJXQ+nrA==

Hello Andrea

For Android > 9 we don't anymore use the CAT installer in our university,
because Android finally accepts a domain name to validate for the
certificates. Thanks to this you don't anymore have to install the
certificate or select "don't validate certificate".
This is of course only a workaround for the issue you are seeing.
In your case, do you have the certificate installed on all Radius Servers
(for that SSID) and also set as the active certificate? I have seen such a
behavior if different certificates are being used, but not issued by the same
CA.

Kind regards

ICT - IT-Infrastructure
Netzwerk- und Multimediateam
Patrick Oberli

Tel direkt: +41 58 257 4958
Email: patrick.oberli AT ost.ch

OST – Ostschweizer Fachhochschule
ICT Information & Communication Technology | Oberseestrasse 10 | 8640
Rapperswil | Switzerland | https://www.ost.ch

OST – Ostschweizer Fachhochschule ist der Zusammenschluss aus HSR Rapperswil,
FHS St.Gallen und NTB Buchs.